fair trade throws

We love blankets and throws at Danuworld. Who doesn’t? So often it’s the little finishing touches, be that chair cushions or lampshades, that add comfort and style and make a house a home. You can easily and texture and colour to a room with a sofa throw or bed throws, giving it an instant makeover. We have a wide variety of scatter cushions throws and blankets in gorgeous patterns and colours to dress up your furniture, compliment your interior design and keep you cosy. Forget faux fur throws and shop for stylish ethical fair-trade home accessories instead.

Fairtrade Throws and Ethical Cushion Covers.

If decorative cushions and covers are your thing you’ll love our selection of funky cushions ranging from hand knitted chunky wool or linen and cotton blends to velvet trimmed with pom poms. Perfect for sofa cushions or decorative pillows to adorn your bed. The colours range from subtle oatmeal and greys to vibrant pink and teal, you could even opt for the Pachamama Hoxton rainbow stripe. And you can choose a recycled PET or duck feather cushion pad to fill them with depending on your preference.

With so many gorgeous throws just asking you to hit the add to wishlist button we’ve put together a little guide to help you choose the perfect throw whatever you intend to use it for.

Comfort and style all year round:

The stunning fair trade cotton throws, hand woven from 100% natural fibres, are perfect to keep you warm and light enough to pop in your bag. They look lovely draped over the end of the bed and we’ve found they go down very well as gifts whatever the occasion. The herringbone and diamond designs work equally well in a contemporary or traditional living room and the range of colours means there’s something for every taste. They are the ideal for wrapping around your shoulders or over your knee for extra warmth inside or out.

Go one better than cotton and choose a woven throw that is made from 100% PET yarn from recycled plastic bottles. At Danuworld we are very aware of the overuse of plastic and the limited opportunities to recycle. However, this fair trade project in India pays street children to collect PET plastic bottles which are broken down and made into a super soft yarn. It is then woven into these stunning blankets. The fact that you can machine wash and tumble dry these blankets makes them perfect for using outside

Warm and cosy:

If you are looking for warmth a ReSpiin wool throw is a perfect choice. These woollen throws from ReSpiin are made from recycled clothing collected across the world and shipped to India. The clothes are then sorted, made into fibres and spun into yarn so they can be woven into a new fabric. The colour of the yarn is from the original fabrics used, with no additional dye and they are a minimum of 65% wool fabrics, with the other 35% being predominantly polyester and nylon. The knitted throw is particularly sumptuous and plenty big enough to cosy up under on the sofa or add an extra layer of warmth in bed.

Or if you love the softness of a fleece throw the Pachamama Hoxton throw offers a 100% handknitted wool outer and fleece lining. Perfect for chilly nights. Turn the heating down and snuggle up.

Big enough to cover a sofa or bed:

Fairtrade, ethical and 100% natural the heavy woven throw in deep purple or beige is excellent value and at 240x240cm big enough to cover a sofa or bed. It features a simple design, is big enough for two and you can put it in the washing machine making it a very practical choice. Or if you are looking for a lighter weight fabric the bright and intricately patterned Sanganeri Circle Design cotton throws are beautiful as either bedspreads or wall hangings.