Reusable Sanitary Pads
Reusable Sanitary Products
Welcome to our Feminine care and hygiene category. It is important to us at Danuworld to offer a choice of reusable sanitary products, we aim to give you a good selection of menstrual products so that you may find the perfect reusable sanitary products for you. We have carefully selected cloth menstrual pads, organic cotton tampons, biodegradable disposable pads and menstrual cups for you to choose from.
Reusable sanitary products, cloth menstrual pads and the right menstrual cup for you at Danu World
Many women are concerned about toxic shock syndrome and women's health, we understand this concern. A lot of women have made the switch from tampons to using a menstrual cup to lessen the risk, some of you may still be thinking about making the switch but have questions about menstrual cups and would like help with deciding if they are the best reusable sanitary product for you.
Menstrual Cup FAQ
These are the frequently asked questions on Menstrual cups and I hope our answers are of a help to you.
1. What is a menstrual cup? A menstrual cup is a reusable sanitary device to contain your menstrual fluid when you are having your period.
2. Does a cup hurt? Absolutely not, reusable cups are made of a soft medical-grade silicone that is soft and flexible. You choose the right menstrual cup to suit your vaginal canal. The average woman finds period cups to be very comfortable. When you have been used to a pad or tampon, switching to a menstrual cup will feel a little different however it shouldn't feel painful at all.
3. How can I choose the menstrual cup for me? There are many menstrual cup brands available and we can help you choose the one for you. We have the Yuuki cup and a rainbow yuuki cup! we also stock the ruby cup.
4. How do I insert a menstrual cup? You fold the cup either in two or four, its all in the instructions and very simple to do, then you insert into your vagina and the cup will open once inside and will expand to fit the vaginal walls. There is a small stem that can be trimmed for your own comfort. Some women will use a water-based lubricant for ease of use however that isn't the case for most women. The silicone is soft and flexible and menstrual cup reviews tell us that women find them easy to use once they have got the hang of folding the cup. The walls of the vagina will hold your cup in place securely, for removal, you release the suction on your cervix by squeezing the walls of the cup and use the stem to gently remove it.
5. Will they cope with a heavy flow? Yes, a reusable cup will cope with a heavy menstrual flow as you empty and reuse it as often as you choose to. Many women with a heavier flow will also choose to use cloth menstrual pads as a backup, this removes the worry of their menstrual cup leaking. For the majority of women, this isn't a problem. Menstrual cups hold a lot of menstrual blood and because it is sealed into your vaginal wall, you don't have the same risk of leaking as you perhaps might when wearing tampons.
Cloth Menstrual Pads and Organic Tampons
Some of you will prefer tampons or pads and we have you covered too. We have great unbleached, free from chemicals tampons by Natracare. we stock the tampons with the cardboard applicator and also the tampons without. When you are on your period, you need to have a tampon that is not going to irritate the natural environment of your vagina. Using a bleached tampon or one where there are chemicals added can cause vaginal itching, dryness and infections. It makes sense to choose organic cotton tampons to reduce the risk. You can be assured that Natracare tampons won't leave fibres in your cervix or vagina. Our Natracare disposable tampons and pads are a popular environmentally friendly choice for our Danuworld customers.
Finally we stock a range of Cloth menstrual pads. Historically, cloth pads and reusable pads were what most women used as this was the only available feminine hygiene product available to them. Suddenly disposable sanitary pads came onto the market and women moved away from using cloth pads. We now know that these disposable pads cannot or should not be flushed away and women were doing so, leading to blockages in plumbing and of course they are disastrous to our environment. Each disposable pad can take hundreds of years to break down in landfill due to the silicone gels and chemicals inside and the plastic backing on the outside. Some disposable pads such as our Natracare sanitary towels are 100% polyethene free, biodegradable and compostable.
We understand that there are times during menstruation when you will want or need a disposable option and we have chosen Natracare as the brand that we trust to work for you as well as the environment. The Natracare pads contain no deodorants, and due to being compostable, reduce waste going to landfills. These are a great waste-free alternative to the pads that clogging up our already overflowing landfills. You CAN have a waste-free menstrual cycle.
Cloth menstrual pads come in many different forms. The Pink daisy range of reusable pads have a hidden microfibre terry layer that provides maximum absorbency. These washable sanitary pads are slim fitting and a great alternative to a disposable sanitary towel. Our other options and environmentally friendly brands of cloth sanitary pads are TCs Eco cloth pads. They come in all sizes and absorbency right up to a maxi pads style that will cover you on your heaviest day of your period. Manufactured in the UK, TCs Eco pads make their own design cloth pads, some with wings and snap fasteners for security. You can be sure that there will be no chemicals, gels or plastics in TCs cloth pads and they are perfect for using in organic cotton underwear. Reusable sanitary towels are machine washable and they dry quickly. You don't need to have a huge amount. A reusable menstrual pad is a great alternative to disposable products during your menstruation. Reusable cloth pads and panty liners are easy to incorporate into your daily life and they reduce the amount of wasteful feminine hygiene products that go into landfill.
Please contact our helpful staff members here at Danu World if you have any questions on reusable sanitary products. We will do our best to help you. We are confident that we have given you a good range of options for when you are menstruating.