Natural and Vegan Lip Balm at Danu World
5 common causes of chapped and peeling lips.
1. Vitamin B deficiency is known to cause painful cracked and chapped lips. Our lips can often be the window to our inner health. They will show signs of vitamin and mineral deficiency quickly. If you suffer routinely from sore painful and peeling lips, it is worth a check of your diet to see if you can include more B vitamins and omega fatty acids.
2. Extreme weather conditions will play havoc with our lips. It is important to protect your lips with a good natural or vegan lip balm when you are out in wind, frost, snow and in summer when those UV levels are high.
3. Dry chapped lips can be a route to infection and cold sores are a risk.
4. Angular Cheilitis is where the corners of your lips develop painful sores and you will need to be seen by your doctor as often this condition will need an antifungal cream to help remedy it. Angular Cheilitis can often be caused by over licking of the lips and using a good lip moisturizer can help prevent these painful sores.
5. Using petroleum jelly can cause lips to become dry painful and chapped. Petroleum jelly is in many lip care products however it does not moisturise lips. It sits on top and forms a barrier, it usually gets licked off or rubbed off when it doesn't sink in. No one wants that thick greasy film on their lips, it isn't comfortable.
We only stock lip care products made from certified organic ingredients, essential oils and natural butters.
We will not stock products made from by products of the petroleum industry, you won't find any parabens or harsh ingredients in our products.
Our Airmid 100% natural lip care products are packed full of local Irish beeswax, blended with moisturising and conditioning oils and scented with pure essential oil of lavender. The organic beeswax draws moisture to the skin, seals it in and protects the skin from irritants.
Bia Beauty Lime pie balm is made in Cork with organic beeswax, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, lime essential oil and honey. Cruelty free, natural and organic lip products in a resealable tin.
If you like a fragrance free lip care products, try our Balm Balm lip balm made from organic shea butter blended with jojoba oil, calendula, beeswax and sunflower oil with no added fragrance.
Power packed with natural ingredients that are beneficial and kind to skin, this non-greasy balm will nourish and protect your lips. It is a beauty bible award winner and we can see why. It can even be used on a newborn baby!
Our Sosar natural honey balm contains a blend of honey, organic beeswax and linseed oil. This multi-use balm can be used to nourish dry skin as well as your lips.
For a hard-working lip moisturizer, take a look at our Trevarno balm stick. super nourishing and easily absorbed.
We stock no fewer than 15 organic natural lip care products packed with coconut oil, shea butter, organic beeswax, olive oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera. You are sure to find the one to suit you.