Kitchen utensils don't have to be dull and ugly. They can be high quality, environment-friendly and stylish while being a joy to use. Regardless of whether you have a traditional or modern kitchen, it's the heart of every home and the perfect place to start making a move towards sustainable living. You can easily make the switch to eco-friendly kitchen accessories. For instance, you can swap your plastic chopping mat for one of our wooden chopping boards. They're by far a better choice than synthetic ones. We have a wide range of kitchen accessories available; from kitchen utensils to help towels.
Sustainable Kitchen Utensils & Kitchen Accessories
We understand how important it is to ensure your eco kitchen supplies and reusable kitchen products are BPA free and safe for all the family. We have a wide range of sustainable utensils, from Bambu, as well as beautiful pestle and mortars and eco-friendly cutlery all made from natural materials. Plus a great range of stainless steel food storage for keeping the leftovers. Pretty much everything you need apart from kitchen appliances and of course the kitchen sink. So cook up a storm without causing one!
We also have a range of kitchen aprons and fairtrade kitchen towels which are made from sustainable crops, or recycled materials. Bambu use a selection of original and eco-friendly textiles to create their aprons and tea towels. Their hemp denim is a blend of hemp and certified organic cotton (60/40). It is durable, wonderfully soft and absorbent, and improves with wear. Organically grown without the need for fertilisers or pesticides, hemp is naturally mould resistant, anti-microbial and strong so lends itself well to a hard-working kitchen towel.
Cooking should be a joy, especially at the end of a long day, and having the right kitchen tools can really help you on your way. Whether that’s a great set of bamboo utensils, a multi-function muddler/garlic press, a soft absorbent apron to protect your clothes or a scraper to make the cleaning those pots and pans a bit easier. We believe you shouldn’t need to compromise on quality or environmental credentials. Ditch the plastic bags and plastic cutlery and go sustainable today!
And when you’ve taken your food out of the oven, or off the stove, how using serving with a hand-carved mango wood spoon or eating with a pair of fair trade chopsticks. These naturally beautiful essentials look great regardless of decor, perfectly at home in a traditional Tuscan kitchen or hanging from sleek, minimalist cabinets. Wooden cutlery is back on trend as it is a renewable source and is free from chemicals.
Have a look at our top picks:
- The Bambu Gaby Crumb Board is a wonderfully innovative product. A cleverly designed two-part breadboard that will collect breadcrumbs and stop them from getting all over the counter top or dining table.
- The G it a rest’ utensils utilise the naturally occurring ridges in the bamboo to create a built-in spoon rest.
- Bamboo tongs are great for both food preparation and eating. Especially for little (or big) ones who are yet to master the art of chopsticks.
- Bambu cutting boards. Naturally stain resistant, hypoallergenic and antimicrobial, bamboo is aesthetic and durable making the perfect material for use in the kitchen.
- Looking for somewhere to store your new eco-accessories. The Four Compartment Iron Bread Tin will add a bit of industrial authenticity to your kitchen. This is genuine vintage upcycled chic.
- Combining linen-like qualities with the absorbency of cotton, this Hemp Denim Kitchen towel from Bambu will be a great addition to your kitchen.
Why we love Bambu
Bambu make ethical, eco-friendly and handcrafted products for the home. Their products are safe, durable and made to last. Designed to withstand everyday use while being attractive enough to have out on display whatever your kitchen design.
In the cooking utensil range, each item is crafted from a single piece of bamboo and finished with an organic certified oil. The bamboo used grows wild and is harvested by local farmers. While bamboo products are dishwasher safe, to prolong life it's recommended to wash in warm water and air dry.
The Bambu kids range is made for the healthy and safe feeding of babies and toddlers and is sized for small hands and mouths. Plus they have a range of mini cooking tools that are a great alternative to plastic utensils for both play and baking.