At Danuworld we strive to make it easy to live an ethical lifestyle and to give ethical gifts to friends, family or even work colleagues. Our gifts and accessories meet our strict criteria, each of our suppliers must meet our codes of ethics in their manufacture, whether it is fairtrade or ethically traded, we want to ensure the highest standards are met. And of course, we have a wide range of handmade and unique items, making that gift that little extra special.
We have a wide range of gifts for everyone, many are recycled, are 100% natural, handmade or use materials like organic cotton. Whether you are buying a gift for a family member or seasonal gifts like Christmas or Easter presents, we have something for everyone, and you can rest assured you can purchase without hitting any ethical dilemmas on the background to our products. Read our 'making the difference' tabs on each product to find out more about the artisan behind the product, their code of ethics and their standards.
1. If buying a gift for her, whether someone you are in a relationship with, a mother, a sister or even a much loved aunty, it does not have to be an expensive gift to make it special. More often the thought going into it will be valued much more than the cost. If they like jewellery, then look at our fair trade jewellery or even the beautiful jewellery stands. If pampering is more her style, we have some lush handmade 100% natural shea butter bath melts, which can be included in any gift hamper to add that touch of luxury, and fun. Every lady loves a handbag, and we have a wide range of beautiful leather handbags which are handmade and fair trade, so make perfect gifts for the lady in your life.
2. Teachers gifts can also be ethical gifts, so be a little different and browse our range of recycled gifts for teachers with are great value. Of course, we have the ethically made mugs, the standard teachers present, but if you want to be a bit more adventurous try our fairtrade recycled pen holders, every teacher needs one. Or our wide range of natural bath bombs and melts might be just what the teacher needs! We have put together lots of teachers gifts at different price points, but all unique and will show the teacher your gratitude for their hard work in the year.
3. If the gift you are needing is for an event, such as a wedding consider if the new couple needs something for their home? This is a great chance to get them a beautiful fair trade gift, whilst putting them on the path to eco-living! I love the fairtrade recycled wine glasses, or even a beautiful recycled photo frame to snapshot the day. Or even a fairtrade throw or bedspread, something for them to cuddle up to at night.
4. Lost where to start with ethical gifts for men? Is he bored of socks, socks and more socks for their presents? I know Mr Danu is! Even though our socks are eco socks, made from bamboo and off course fair trade, we have a wide range of other ethical gifts for me which will hopefully inspire a more thoughtful present. How about a recycled bike chain keyring or wine holder? Men love gadgets, and this might fit the bill. Or even our 100% natural beard oils or natural skincare, which are organic, ethical and lush - it's not just women who need to look after their skin! Consider a gorgeous handmade fairtrade knitted hoody, keep them cosy and warm in winter.
5. Mother's day gifts can easily be ethical, ditch the flowers this year and consider suitable alternatives. If she likes flowers, and gardening, how about a hamper of our organic seeds combined with a gardeners gift set? Or if she loves tea, we have beautiful handmade fairtrade mugs, combine with some fairtrade artisan tea and maybe even throw in some divine chocolate, and a gorgeous ethical hamper has been made. If you need something to put it in, I recommend the jute bowls as a great starting point, fairtrade, sustainable, low priced and reusable - making it a perfect eco gift as it makes a stunning house decoration.
6. If the gift is for the winter season or a Christmas gifts, then consider our handmade knitted hats and scarves, again combined with a hoody if you want to make it extra special. We have hats and scarves and hoodies for men or women, so something for everyone. In the summer, these can be changed for our light linen and cotton scarves, combine with some natural skincare to make that perfect gift, combine with an eco gardening gift and its sure to be a winner!
7. Don't forget the handmade and ethical paper bags and wrapping! Don't fall at the last hurdle and let your ethical standards drop by wrapping your lovely gift in a plastic bag. Our beautiful fairtrade paper gift bags can be reused time and time again, the gift that keeps on giving!
8. Christmas is the time for giving, and often we can come unstuck when it comes to Christmas gifts, especially if we don't know the person that well. If you have a Kris Kindle gift to buy and don't really know the personality behind the name, you can opt for one of our mystery eco gifts - let us figure it all out and do the hard work for you. If you can't cope with surprises then something that everyone will love, like a fair trade photo or any of our recycled gifts will make a great present. If you are looking for ethical children's gifts for Christmas, browse our extensive wooden toy range which has everything you need from age 0+ to age 10 to make that perfect child gift. The presents are just one part of having an ethical Christmas, check out our fairtrade food and drink ranges to help, oh and of course our reusable Christmas crackers to go with the meal!
9. If worst comes to the worst, choose our eco-mystery gift box. Just leave comments at the checkout and we will use our expert skill to tailor the box to suit the recipient! We have various sizes gift boxes, including an ethical chocolate gift box, for those who love chocolate, think ethically and love a mystery!10. Or if you can't cope with fuelling any more ethical consumerism, don't want to give any more expensive gifts which go unloved? Then how about a donation to Oxfam or another charity in their person's name?